1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Trade between your characters

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Hawkwind, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Hawkwind

Hawkwind New Member

So, disappointing as it may be, I haven't found a way to pass items and gear acquired by my monk to my warrior on my main, or vice versa. Can't share storage and obviously you can't attach items via mail either, as far as I can tell. Has anyone else discovered a means to do so yet? I just drew a heritage sword and shield from the lottery, but fickle mistress that the fates may be, it was my monk that did it. So. Anyone got any ideas?

2. DC Khalid's hammer

DC Khalid's hammer Member

How come you can't give it to yourself via male? It works if both characters are on the same server(eg. Both characters are on flame battle field, or both are on moon shadow lake) however if you still are facing problems here is a tactic some my guild mates use, U send that item to a friend, then have him or her send it to your character.

Ryiah likes this.
  3. Hawkwind

Hawkwind New Member

Thus far, I haven't been able to attach anything to the mail system. Gameloft's stance on the subject is that mail can't be sent between players, only used to receive attachments from tournament winnings or auction bids. I know that the tactic you're suggesting worked fine in OC1, but then, so did a shared storage chest. Have you been able to do this in Redemption? And if so, why the hell can't I?

4. Laroix

Laroix Active Member

The only way that you can trade is with UNBOUND items through the Auction House.
    You can go to the auction house tab, click the center tab for trade, type in your alts name and set the price to 1 then send.
    Go on your alt, go to the AH very right tab, should be in there.

But yeah you can't currently trade the Heritage weapons amongst yourself, which is quite sad..

Okamira, Ryiah and Hawkwind like this.
  5. Hawkwind

Hawkwind New Member

Thanks. That does suck about the unbound status being necessary, but at least trade goods can be sent. Appreciate the heads up.

6. Laroix

Laroix Active Member

At least if you farm dungeons later on and get an epic item you can trade it to your other char through the AH.

That's probably the only use I can really see getting out of it...

7. Hawkwind

Hawkwind New Member

Yeah, I could see the system making sense on the developers end, except for where the heritage weapons are concerned. Class specific, and you can't sell bound items, meaning that a theoretically awesome drop turns into a frustrating lump of useless shit unless you draw the weapon that is meant for your character's class. Thanks again for the tip about the auction house. That will come in handy later on.

8. Laroix

Laroix Active Member

There are a few things that make no sense.
    1. Heritage weapons from the lottery dropping for the wrong class.
    2. Mats for the wrong class on a class that can't use them.
    3. Too many variations of mats for every class. "Loads of clutter.."
    4. No real class importance in dungeons.

I think that all loot should be class specific.. Why would I want a mage staff or cloth if I were playing my warrior?
    Makes zeroooooooooo sense.... I'd type more but I think I ran out of Vigor.

syphroth803, garcy, Sage013 and 8 others like this.
  9. m@e

m@e Member

yeah I am sick of getting mats for different classes... what is the point of that?

10. SovereigN

SovereigN Member

There will be a market soon, logic is this: if only a handful of players had theese items (invincium nail for example) imagine the price they will ask. Players should have theese items so that the prices can be acceptable. If you play on Whitepeak you should know, 2 days before 7th day online reward(divine essence for legendary weapon) some players got divine essence from lottery and sold legendary weapons for 20k+ on the market. You dont want that price on just about any item.

11. Hawkwind

Hawkwind New Member

See, again, I could see that making sense, except they removed the option to sell craft mats at auction. That was the whole genius of the system from OC1. Collect enough of any material, regardless of class, at least you could throw it on the open market, and the internal economy would straighten itself out, like any economy does. That's basic supply and demand. Prices will raise or lower depending on the availability of any given product.

So why make mats that are only available through dungeons or solo missions BOUND, when two thirds of the time they aren't even useable by whatever class you're using?

CravingSushi and Vlorica like this.
  12. Styr

Styr Active Member

Actually there are a *few* craft mats that can be traded on the AH, like Yarn and Metal Chains.

The real problem is getting other class crafting mats. My Blood Knight has a ton of wool, meanwhile my Mage has a bunch of leather. Wtf?

Also, you never had to wait until day 7 login reward to get Legendary weapons. World bosses drop them and unless your server is dead, you should be able to kill the Lazy Shoals world boss at least, who drops tier 1 Legendaries.

Only people that couldn't be online for world boss would need divine essence.

CravingSushi likes this.
  13. SovereigN

SovereigN Member

First, on my server at least, ive been with the whole world on world bosses, about 5 times if i recall, all of them despawned before we killed them, they have a timer, if time expires boss leaves, so its not that easy. Second, this game is barely out, almost 2 weeks old, players need to have the materials before the market is open, so we can have stable prices and an economy, if most players are level 20 for example, obsessed players reaching 35 would get good items, ex, crafting materials and scrolls, for which they would ask insane prices, nobody else would have them, so you can play hoping to get them yourself later or pay, and with most people not knowing where they can get the item, they would rather pay and regret later.

14. Laroix

Laroix Active Member

Not trying to poop on your parade but um, what does that have to do with the game just starting?
    Every game that has ever been released was the same way and they turned out fine.
    There's nothing that you can do about people farming...
    And honestly I think the main reason why they are bound is because you can literally make a billion accounts..
    Then run dungeons all day and trade them to your other character.
    Instant profit billionaire. Lol.

15. SovereigN

SovereigN Member

You cant have only a few players that can trade, thats monopoly over the market man, so until there are more players that can trade market will be closed, thats my opinion anyways, yourse is good too, but i dont think they will make everything tradeable, maybe just some craftig mats and scrolls, which are the only items worth trading lol.

16. Laroix

Laroix Active Member

That was the longest sentence I've ever seen, lol.
    Anyways but yeah I see your point sorta.
    But I still think it's silly to have all of this stuff drop NOW instead of later..
    Because of the fact you're not provided a lot of space when you're F2P(Free to Play) which I am not.
    But I think about those people too, you know? :p

garcy likes this.
  17. Styr

Styr Active Member

Yes, it's true, these world bosses have timers.

Maybe your server is low population. On my server, every day more and more people arrive at the world boss to get in on the action. Lazy Shoals is the easiest world boss, and isn't that hard if you have 15-20 people that can pull their weight. As people get into the 30s and 40s they acquire good weapons, an early example being the level 24 Legendary weapons that drop from the Giant Zombie in Whitepike (555 might, 166 stat, 222 crit chance). This is an amazing weapon to use if you are still farming Invincium powder to evolve your heritage to Starfire.

Doing good damage is the best way to take down world bosses. They have millions of Hp.

18. m@e

m@e Member

Do you guys find people just camping waiting for the respawn in these areas?

19. SovereigN

SovereigN Member

There are a bunch of lvl 45 players and more going there, others joining now, but still many dont even know how to upgrade their weapons, i even heard of players selling heritage weapons to the merchants beacuse they never evolved them and thought they cant.

20. Hawkwind

Hawkwind New Member

I completely messed up on my main, doing something similar. I used the divine essence from the 7th day login to purchase legendary weapons, but didn't get the claymore as I should've. Thinking that anything class specific would do. So now, I'm stuck with the unevolved claymore until I find more divine essence, find someone to trade a legendary claymore unbound, or just pick it up as a random drop. And I'm thinking that's all going to take some time.

So. Anyone have ideas on where I should start looking?