1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Companion guide

Discussion in 'Guides' started by DC Khalid's hammer, Feb 27, 2016.

1. DC Khalid's hammer

DC Khalid's hammer Member

hey guys! Companions are a feature recently added to the game (at least they were when I was writing this) and of course any new feature in OAC2 is accompanied by (see what I did there) loads of questions. Now I'm pretty confused about this companion system so I made this thread to compile answers to companion related questions for people like me. So if some people could answer the following questions for me I d convert this post into a companion guide
    Your first companion:
    One can easily get their first companion by completing a paticular quest in Cormir. The tricky bit is choosing between the two companions that will be presented to you (fire and water elemental) pick fire for wisdom and water for physical might(more to be added)
    Feeding your companion:
    You can easily get food drops and the powders (to buy food)in dungeons .
    Unanswered questions:
    Can people naturally find companions(in the world) or buy them for anything other than ruins if so where?
    What are some good companion farming and evolving techniques
    What starter companion would you recommend fire elemental or water elemental

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  2. Tiki

Tiki Active Member

Fire is wisdom water is physical might
    Food drops of some random mobs ( haven't had much luck with this)
    Most food drops dungons
    Gold Dream, and all dungons drop the powders to be able to buy the food and leveling slabs.
    Pets suppose to drop dungons as well but I think all people have seen are slabs and leveling stuff. So far anyway.

3. Evilwolfy

Evilwolfy Member

The drops are probably low so they can make people spend money on the upgrades

4. Vinjin

Vinjin Member

I've not spent a lot of time on pets, primarily due to the fact that to level them up quickly essentially requires you to spend runes, and a LOT of them.

Food is only part of the equation but is rather easy to get just through normal adventuring. Ideally, it's more efficient to use food that is attuned to the companion type you're feeding it to. However, the more XP you pump into your canteen at once, the longer it takes to complete feeding/evolving.

Thus far, ranking always seems to take 24 hours but not sure if that changes at higher levels.

5. BigPimpin42077

BigPimpin42077 New Member

My water companion. Is at level 2 at what level can I start using it in battle

6. Saurlin

Saurlin New Member

Ranking time does scale with level and will exceed 24 hours (36 hrs is the highest I've seen so far). Levels that require a slate typically take the longest.

Fire & water blue and purple slates drop in YVL, orange slates in GFL. Slate drops are not specific, if you're trying for fire you may get a couple of waters first. There may be other dungeons or difficulty levels where they drop also, the ones i've listed are where I got all of mine. Check the boss loot tables for more info.

Pets begin to fight at level 10.

Pets do drop in dungeons, at least in GFL. I lucked into a lvl 16 guardian ifrit drop, within a couple days of the dungeon opening. I've since maxed him out at lvl 20. These drops are rare, I'm only aware of one other player on my server that has received the same drop.

You can have two (or more) of one type pet equipped so long as they are not at the same stage of evolution. For instance, I have my level 20 guardian ifrit equipped and a level 11 greater fire elemental equipped. If I were to further evolve the GFE into a guardian ifrit by using an orange slate, I would not be able to equip both.

In order to receive all benefits of a maxed pet it must be both equipped and summoned. For instance, equipping my ifrit gives me a increase in Magic Force of 322. Equipping and summoning increases my MF by 322 and adds a Volcanic Blessing buff that increases my, and all nearby party members, MF by 5%.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
    Munked likes this.
  7. FlippNRange

FlippNRange New Member

Ty for the info Saurlin.

It would be nice to have a database on these pet companions and their active skills. The closest one I could find is this website.
    http://www.ansager.eu/index.php?mod=pets&action=list
    If you guys have more info on these pets please let us know. I am still trying to rank my Javier to find out its ability.

I was wondering if anyone has gotten a Greater Elemental in Ymir Legend I have not yet confirmed it in my server except the slate due to lack of players to run legend dungeons.

8. Sochu

Sochu New Member

Thanks for the guide, I have recently started playing again and decided to start a new ranger on Android and was all confused about these little guys.

9. Kyle Kroeger

Kyle Kroeger New Member

Does anyone know where to find a list of all the companions skills and badge benefits?

10. Wilderun

Wilderun New Member

Quick question.

How do i upgrade my water elemental into a greater water elemental? I have the stone for upgrading.

Thanks!

11. Elbryon

Elbryon New Member

How do I get my frost companion where is the first badge and second

12. sweetgirl14

sweetgirl14 New Member

You could get your first companion in Coramir by completing the quest that is just beside the portal in Emperor's Square. Like what the first post said, when you finish the quest, you can choose between two companions : fire and water. Later on, if you want, you could buy more at the pet shop. The First and Second badge, you could buy them at the pet shop. To get the money to buy them, you need to do some dungeon mode.

13. Cascade/-

Cascade/- New Member

Does my pet lvl up when i summon him in battle??? Does it get exp??