1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Best PvP Class?

Discussion in 'General' started by JOZY, Sep 19, 2015.

1. JOZY

JOZY New Member

Seeing there are no more assassins in OnC, I need to pick a new starter class. Tried bloodknight but I get wrecked hard by Warriors, Rangers and Mages of similar level. Which class would potentially be the best pvp class and WHY? (All the skill descriptions can be seen in game)

2. Puklott

Puklott Member

Probably Ranger. It's the closest to Assassin, besides, it's got that awesome skill where it fires arrows rapidly. That's a big plus.

3. Ultimecia

Ultimecia Member

Please tell me how on earth is anyone supposed to know the answer to this question...?

Ria and Grimlox like this.
  4. reaperk

reaperk New Member

Little to early to say, however iam playing warrior and notice they have tons of stuns/cc which may prove hard to deal with for other classes.

Mjp and JOZY like this.
  5. JOZY

JOZY New Member

By simply PvPing....

6. Puklott

Puklott Member

I think Mage is good as long as you have someone to protect you.

If you wanna be a PvP Mage (Well, that's what I would call it), pick human as the race attributes increase the def. I myself is a human and you can wreck people once you got the Arctic Freeze(?) at level 10 and you got the Deep Freeze inscription where it would freeze your enemy for 4 seconds..burn them with fireburst (split fire inscription), spam them with missile flurry and you can run around while auto attacking your target.

JOZY likes this.
  7. Ultimecia

Ultimecia Member

*facepalm* yes ok because Im sure theres people who have already tested out several builds with all of the skills...

8. JOZY

JOZY New Member

Wow...4 second freeze plus AOE burst...looks like mages are to be feared again as in OnC 1. Is the skill around yourself or you target someone and execute it?

9. JOZY

JOZY New Member

You dont need to reach end game to figure out since the high level skills are all high cd. By mid level we should already be getting a sense of how PvP would play out.

10. Puklott

Puklott Member

from my observation, it deals 50% of the damage of fireburst.
    The skill is called 'Arctic Blast' and the 4sec freeze is an inscription

Deep Freeze
    Freezes your target and enemies around it for 2 seconds, (+4 seconds if deep freeze is on), dealing moderate magical damage.
    Yea..lol and I think the new permafrost is Electrostatic 'summons an electrostatic field, dealing moderate magical damage per second to surrounding enemies. The field lasts for 4 seconds, and reduces damage you receive by 50%'

Basically frost and skyfire mage talents from oac 1 all in one.

11. Ghetty

Ghetty New Member

Monks will be interesting.

(I've only looked quickly through their skills/inscriptions, am only lvl 11, and have not seen the other classes)

Weakness: Lack any range abilities (maybe a short range multi target skill). Light Armor.
    Strengths: 2 Gap-Closers (with PTFC having Immobilize). 2 AoE Slows. 3 stuns (short range multi-target, multi-target, AoE). Remove debuffs every 15sec to counter non-stun CC.

Earthquake Punch (Rubble Inscript) = AoE mod phys dmg + 30% slow for 3sec
    Mantis Slash (Startle Inscript) = multi-target mod phys dmg + 1 sec stun (available every 6 seconds)
    Dragon Kick (Dragonhide inscript) = Gap-Closing phys dmg + 10% armor/resist for 5 seconds
    Pouncing Tiger, Flying Crain = Gap-Closer + immobilize 2 seconds
    ==>Flying Crain (Awestruck inscript) = AoE phys dmg + AoE stun for 2 seconds (if used with 3 seconds of Pouncing Tiger)
    Serenity = Removes all debuffs + absorbs 10% of max HP for 5sec (vitality inscript +7%HP heal) *15sec cooldown
    Spirit Storm (Impede inscript) = multi-target huge phys dmg + bleed + 30% slow for 3 sec
    Explosive Palm Blast (Stupefy inscript) = short range/multi-target?? large mgk dmg + stun 2 seconds

Looking through skills/inscripts looks like Monks can further specialize to be higher dmg/crit vs high def shield/HP absorb (for self & group).

So maybe good 1v1 stunlocker with survivability or huge damage. Or great CC and group support.

**No heals though... just a passive 1%HP every 5sec.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  12. Puklott

Puklott Member

Hmm..what if Mage vs. Monk..? Mages have a permafrost-like skill, Electrostasis, I think, when you're in the field, it reduces the damage you take by 50%, and also damages enemies inside the field.

It also has an inscription that stuns enemies for 2 seconds when they are inside the field for 3 seconds. Also they have Arctic Blast and it has an inscription called Deep Freeze that freezes your enemy for 4 seconds..is there like a skill on Monks that removes any type of debuffs?

13. Ghetty

Ghetty New Member

Serenity = Removes all debuffs + absorbs 10% of max HP for 5sec (vitality inscript +7%HP heal) *15sec cooldown

Mage looks tough. Sounds like they have a lot of ways to create and keep distance. Will be very interesting when people start getting to 45. Monks may be able to counter with serenity (remove debuff) and 2 gap-closing skills + stuns. Monks look to be pretty meaty for being light armor also...

Only speculation. I'm lvl 11...

14. Ultimecia

Ultimecia Member

So far rangers and mages seem to be eating the other classes, too easy to kite them. and the overall damage in pvp is insanely low.

JOZY likes this.
  15. Puklott

Puklott Member

Depends though. If Mages //packs// enough damage eand with a proper equipment, they might be able to reduce a hp to half by using Missile Flurry. I'm not sure though as I've never played a monk in Redemption. But I did play a monk in OaC 1 and I gotta admit, the Divine ones are pretty strong.

16. JOZY

JOZY New Member

Hopefully melees get their chance when they get their slow inscriptions and huge amounts of Armour end game to counter rangers. Mages need to constantly stop and cast so catching up wont be too difficult. I think things will balance out in the end....hopefully. By end game I forsee BKs having the highest amount of HP in the game and able to deal decent physical damage and huge magical burst damage. Warriors will have second highest HP but the most tanky with skills. Ranged stun and Charge to gapclose rangers.
    Rangers may have a hard time with Melees due to high armour count and no armour reduction skills. But kiting ability is there with good crowd control skills.
    Mages would be wrecking in team PvP but get sniped down by Rangers
    Monks would be CC god and jack of all trades.

reaperk likes this.
  17. Puklott

Puklott Member

i think other classes will have their chance as they level to a much higher level.

18. Viscera

Viscera New Member

I play a Blood Knight, and have successfully 1v1'd each of the other classes. In fact, i beat ranger, monk, and warrior all 1 level higher than me. I just have problems when all three of said players team up on me....lol

19. JOZY

JOZY New Member

At what level though?

20. JOZY

JOZY New Member

Just duelled a level 12 mage and Im a level 14 blood knight. I stood no chance...its so hard to land your skills with all the running and then there's insane burst from the mage too...I guess we found the most OP class....